Romantic Californians with a special occasion coming up may be searching for the best couple spas in Los Angeles. The good news is that there’s no shortage of establishments in LA that offer spa treatments for a perfect couples’ experience.
California residents looking for a couple’s massage have many options in LA. With spas all over the city where you can enjoy a traditional Thai massage, Swedish massage, or even a Japanese massage, you and your partner can “travel the world” with spa treatments in Los Angeles!
Top Couples’ Spas in LA
There’s scientific evidence to suggest that both giving and receiving massages are good for a couple’s well-being, showing a link between positive psychology and massage. While this may be true, deep down most of us would rather receive than give!
Luckily, couples’ massage therapy in Los Angeles allows you to find some peace and relaxation with your loved one without needing to escape to a private island honeymoon destination (although if you can afford it, you could do that too!).
1. Raven Spa
With centers in Silver Lake and Santa Monica, the Raven Spa is an excellent choice for a couples’ massage in LA.
The Raven Spa offers a couples’ spa experience for any treatment you like, as all of their services can be provided side-by-side. Massages include Deep Tissue, Swedish, or Custom and customers can choose 60 or 90-minute options. The add-ons the spa offers may also appeal to many customers looking for something a little bit special:
- Hot stone: Heated stones can heighten your experience and enhance the massage’s relaxing effects for weary or sore muscles.
- Traditional herbal ball: A hot compress containing medicinal herbs is used to reduce inflammation, treat muscle or joint pain, and can be useful in the treatment of several skin complaints.
- Muscle mender lotion: Apart from the usual aromatherapy oils used in your massage, you will also feel the effects of a lotion containing menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus. These ingredients work together to heat and cool sore and achy muscles.
- Aromatherapy oil: An oil of your choice—for example lavender oil or rose oil—can be added to your massage for an aromatic experience.
2910 Rowena Ave, Silver Lake, CA 90039
Map: Raven Spa
Opening Hours: Every day from 10 am to 9 pm
2. Tomoko Japanese Spa
The Tomoko Japanese Spa in Beverly Hills is a must for couples looking for relaxing spa treatments. You’ll be wowed by the gorgeous spa, which oozes Japanese chic, and also by the range of couples’ treatments offered.
Couples can opt for treatments such as:
- The Japanese Experience: A 90 or 120-minute experience including a foot massage to relax any tension in your feet and body and the spa’s signature Tomoko massage. Your massage therapist will then lead you to a Japanese natural bath. The experience also includes an exquisite sushi meal for two. This experience is offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Couples’ massage: The regular couples’ massage includes the Tomoko massage for two but skips the bath and the sushi meal.
These are all carried out in private treatment rooms for you and your partner to enjoy the experience to the fullest as a couple.
141 S Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, 90212
Web: Tomoko Japanese Spa
Opening Hours: Every day from 10 am to 9 pm
3. La Prairie Waldorf-Astoria
The stunning Prairie Waldorf-Astoria spa offers both massages and body treatment experiences for couples. The spa offers five different couples’ massages, including the Customized Waldorf Astoria massage, Hot Stone massage, and Reflexology massage. Most of these massages last either 60 or 90 minutes.
In addition to massages, you can also enjoy the wide range of body treatments the spa offers you and your partner. These include:
Reset: A body treatment incorporating hot stones, massage, and aromatherapy to ease the couple into a restful and balanced state that promotes deep release.
Balance: In this experience, you will enjoy a deep cleansing scrub and a full body massage to feel a sense of clarity and balance.
Nurture: Perfect for when you feel drained or low, you will be wrapped in a body balm wrap to deeply hydrate your skin while feeling the comfort of a weighted blanket. You will also enjoy a scalp and foot massage followed by a full-body massage.
Uplift: A 60-minute massage is preceded by dry brushing to improve circulation and boost your energy.
With the option for a customized massage here and the flexibility to choose longer or shorter massages, the Prairie Waldorf-Astoria is a fantastic option for couples that like a tailor-made experience.
9850 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, 90210
Map: Prairie Waldorf-Astoria
Opening Hours: Every day from 10 am to 7 pm
4. Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa
Featuring seven treatment rooms including the couples’ treatment rooms, the Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa was named one of the world’s Top 10 Spas by readers of SpaFinder.
Popular treatments include anti-aging treatments using only the best products to firm and strengthen the skin, relaxing facials, full-body custom massages, and body wraps. The spa also offers packages to combine massage experiences with other treatments like manicures or pedicures.
The Peninsula offers a truly luxurious experience for couples searching for a touch of opulence.
9882 S Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, 90212
Map: Peninsula Beverly Hills
Opening Hours: Sunday – Tuesday 10 am – 6 pm, Wednesday – Saturday 9 am – 9 pm
5. Larchmont Sanctuary Spa
The Larchmont Sanctuary Spa is an indoor-outdoor boutique spa with five packages designed especially for couples. Choose one of the following treatments to enjoy with your other half:
- Escape Together: This package gives couples the choice to do the same activity together or the chance to enjoy different treatments at the same time. Treatments are given in an outside cabana. Couples can choose from three different massages before finishing the experience in a copper tub.
- Date Night: The ultimate romantic experience for couples, Date Night includes a soak in the copper jacuzzi with champagne and a 90-minute massage including a scalp massage and reflexology.
- Rekindle Romance: For couples that need to reconnect, the Rekindle Romance package includes a full body scrub, a massage, and a champagne bath in the copper jacuzzi.
- Spoil Me Rotten: An indulgent couples’ experience, Spoil Me Rotten includes a massage, facial, and soak in the jacuzzi.
- The Ultimate Romance: This is the ultimate package at Larchmont. It includes four different treatments and souvenir robes to remember your experience.
With many different packages at different price points, the Larchmont Sanctuary offers great options for couples with different needs and budgets.
331 N Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles, 90004
Map: Larchmont Sanctuary Spa
Opening Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 10 am – 6 pm, Mondays and Tuesdays closed
6. The Ritz-Carlton Spa
The Ritz-Carlton Spa offers an indulgent experience for couples, boasting a huge spa with nine treatment rooms, eucalyptus steam rooms, a couples’ suite, and an extensive list of treatment options. The ingredients used in their products come from the hotel’s rooftop garden, bringing a whole new dimension to sustainability.
Any of the treatments can be booked for two online. Check out their treatment menu, which includes many different types of massages, body treatments, and facials as well as hair and beauty, nails, and wellness experiences.
In terms of variety, the Ritz-Carlton may well come out on top in Los Angeles.
900 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, 90015
Map: Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Opening Hours: Friday/Saturday 10 am – 8 pm, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm, Monday/Thursday 10 am – 6 pm, Tuesday/Wednesday closed
The spas mentioned above welcome men and women to their premises. For a women’s-only couples’ destination, Olympic Spa could be a great option.
7. Olympic Spa
A Korean spa at heart, Olympic Spa fuses traditional Korean beauty treatments with techniques from all around the world. Though you can find Swedish massages, CBD oils, and sugar polishes here, Korean spa treatments lie at the heart of the spa’s philosophy.
Akasuri—a Korean treatment—combines exfoliating the body, releasing tension in a sauna, and soaking in a mineral pool. This treatment approach is one of the highlights of Olympic Spa and a must-try for a relaxing day.
3915 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, 90019
Map: Olympic Spa
Opening Hours: Every day from 9 am to 9 pm
Relax and Reconnect With a Luxury Spa Experience
A couples’ spa day is an excellent way to share a beautiful experience with the one you love and gives you the chance to reconnect on a spiritual level. You are sure to leave the experience feeling refreshed, calm, and ready to face whatever comes next.
With so many indulgent options to choose from in Los Angeles, couples won’t face any problems finding the luxurious experience they’re looking for. Whether you want to treat your other half to something above and beyond or simply wish to reconnect with your partner, a couples’ spa experience could be just what you’re looking for.